2015 in Review

Friday, February 5, 2016





2015, what a year of change it has been! I thought it was necessary to take a moment to look back at all the changes that have happened, and wonderful memories that have been made, and just 
appreciate them for what they have brought into my life.
Where 2015 all started, New Years on Sydney Harbour.
Followed by a day at Taronga Zoo with my love & cousins
   I myself find it hard to comprehend how much has been crammed into 365 days, or that so many big transitions would happen. At the beginning of 2015, I had no idea I would be moving to America at the closure of the year, it was a few months into 2015 that we decided to pursue the idea and after few months of looking into options, flying to the US Embassy in Sydney, countless emails and lots of expenses, we had our visa mailed to us, and then it became real very fast.


My grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary

Manly Wharf, Sydney Australia
Lunch at Jonah's Restaurant, Whale Beach with my Aunty
Bondi Beach, Sydney Australia
Days in Newtown with my friend Sarah and daughter Maybellene
Whale Beach, Sydney
Playing proud cousin at my cousin Nick's school
 Josh turned 21 on January 18th, so for his birthday I surprised him with a flight for both of us over Byron Bay in a 1950's plane. It was one of the greatest adventures and such fun!


The Australian summer was as hot as always, many days were spent down at Coolangatta, swimming, surfing and laying on the sand.


My Best Friend, Ali (www.theartoffeelingat.blogspot.com.au)
The middle of the year suddenly appeared and it was time for winter, and birthday season to begin. I have so many important people in my life with mid year birthdays , including my own.
Maybellene's 1st Birthday party, Newtown Sydney
Maybellene & her mumma dates, at their newly opened Continental Deli
My 23rd birthday, enjoying a cocktail in Burleigh
Josh took my to my favourite place, Sydney for my birthday
Cooly Rocks on, my favourite car event of the year

 My family home, a beautiful 7.5 acre property hidden in the Gold Coast hinterland of 20 years was sold, along with my grandparents property (which was only 2 doors up). Josh's family also decided it was time to close their chapter of hinterland living, and place to call home for over a decade and all of these three major moves occurred with all within 3 weeks of one another!

As sad as it was to let go of these properties that held so many memories, we traded in the quiet bush for the coastline and moved to Palm Beach; and what a lifestyle change that was! Daily walks at 5am along the beach, bicycle rides to the local coffee shops, walking distance to the pilates studio, and many days spent on the beach swimming, or laying in the sun.



One of my best friends Bonny, had identical twin boys, how quickly our lives can change, and be filled with even more love. Little Hunter Lee & Phoenix Lee were born on Thanksgiving, and I sure am thankful they have entered our lives. I have a whole new level of love for not only those tiny humans, but for my friend whom value and love more than ever before.

As a new chapter began, I closed the year and a four year chapter of my life with graduating university. Collecting a double degree in Psychology & Criminology. Although I am not sure that it is something I want to pursue forever, as it is as exhausting as it is interesting, I am so proud of myself for completing it, it wasn't easy!


As well as these major events in my life, there were many great small events: including many trips to Sydney, a weekend away in Melbourne, my favourite annual Yamba holiday, and our farewell party for America.
My uni girls, Julia, Alannah & Kirra- such dear friends!
And my best friend/boyfriend
We somehow managed to fit in our move to Los Angeles into 2016, and we saw in 2016 in Lake Tahoe, what a year! I cannot even imagine what 2016 will bring....stay tuned.


I hope you have enjoyed the highlight reel of 2015...so many photos didn't make the cut, and apologies for how many photos are in this post. It is so hard to try and cover a year, especially one as grand as 2015! Here's to 2016, more adventures, life long memories, and regular blog posts.


With love,



DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS